This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing company with an ambitious management team who are looking for enthusiastic individuals with similar ambitions.
We are now looking for an experienced Estimator with a good knowledge of the construction & fit-out industry that is looking to further their career and develop their skills.
You will have a proven track record in estimating on successful tenders in both industrial and residential construction and have a steady work history. The ideal candidate will have the gravitas to communicate with senior management whilst also being able to advise on individual site-based projects. To be successful in this role you will need to be a team player and work closely with operational team members, be highly motivated, dedicated, professional, capable of multitasking, and be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
It will vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
• Knowledge of building regulations and current H&S regulations
• Preparing quotations and tender returns
• Researching material, plant and labour costs
• Interpret drawings and construction materials to propose and double check estimates
• Liaising with and appointing suppliers and subcontractors
• Ongoing tracking of project costs and variations against budget
• Preparing interim & contract valuations
• Interfacing with clients throughout project duration, attending meetings, networking
• Populating bills of quantities/ producing take offs
• Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure optimum cash flow and profitability
• Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance
• Manage the contract accounting and control cost information
• Develop and maintain relationships with our team, customers, subcontractors and suppliers
• Procuring & managing subcontractors in line with BMS and contract budgets
• Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
• Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Salary: Dependant on experience, 25K per annum generally
- Experience: Surveying for 3 years+ (Required)
- Education: Degree (Preferred)
- Working Hours : Mon-Fri, 0900-1700
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.