Driven by expert analysis, collaboration and strategic thinking you will:
- Work closely with those creating and using data to develop an organisational data strategy in line with business processes and our enterprise architecture framework by including data model designs, database development standards and the design of data analytics systems.
- Build and maintain Lhasa data models, data flows and create a blueprint for managing data that provides a solid foundation for data processing, management and usage that meets our organisational data strategy.
- Provide guidance on the development of data standards, guidelines, processes, data structures and architectures for data modelling and design.
- Support the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Engage in architectural and requirement analysis discussions to provide technical leadership and direction.
- Help identify areas suitable for data automation and implement appropriate solutions to help the organisation continuously improve business performance.
- Define and document technical design and architecture for data management solutions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain data quality, ensuring accessibility, integrity, accuracy, and security of data assets that is aligned with the Information Security Controls Model.
Your skills and experience
You should have at least 3 years hands-on experience with data management, data architecture, data migration, master data modelling (MDM), data quality management and governance.
We think you’ll be great for this role if you possess a blend of data architecture, analysis, and engineering skills and the following:
- A degree level or higher qualification in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience and deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL), NoSQL(e.g. OrientDB, DynamoDB), data pipelines, data warehousing, data lakes, big data.
- Highly competent at data modelling and design, including unstructured – structured data.
- Strong understanding of data architecture design patterns at scale e.g., sharding, replication.
- Understanding of enterprise architecture and technology landscapes.
- Cloud based data environments – preferably AWSincluding S3, Aurora, DynamoDB.
- Can provide practical examples of designing and documenting data engineering blueprints.
- Evolve and design data governance, working collaboratively to ensure the organisation’s architecture designs consider data.
- Understand the impact of emerging trends in data tools, analysis techniques and data usage.
- Work within a strategic context and communicate how activities meet strategic goals.
- Understanding of FAIR data management principles.
- Experience of working within an Agile software development environment.
Attributes expected in a suitable candidate
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, able to lead and to contribute to both technical and non-technical discussions.
- Effective interpersonal skills able to work as part of a team and cross functionally to identify the requirements of a data solution.
- Analytical thinking, conceptual and creative skills able to define efficient, practical solutions for our data needs.
- Driven to learn and develop skills and share your technical knowledge with others.
- Ability to adapt and facilitate change.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.